Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm still here...

That's about it...I'm still here. Haven't had too much excitement since the last post. Well, actually, the gang and I went to Kansas City in August for our second annual day at Worlds of Fun! That was a great time had by all! Then the next day, I participated in a community outreach project with my church and several other churches in the Omaha area called Step Out. We basically just completed projects through out the Omaha and surrounding communities to clean up our neighborhoods. My group of about 10 people went to a park here in Bellevue. We cleaned out the old mulch from about 30 pine trees, put new mulch back down and trimmed the trees a bit. The rest of my time (well my evenings anyway) has been devoted to the Omaha Marathon. This year an added task of mine is to enter all the offline race registrations into our online database at active.com. The task hasn't been too bad. We're beginning to get down to crunch time. Last week, we stuffed 2500 race packets. So far our numbers are close to 1900 and we are still 2 weeks til race day. September 28 will be here before we know it.

P.S. If anyone is reading this and wants to come volunteer, let me know! I have so much fun and have met lots of great people!

1 comment:

Josie said...

Hey, Mandy! Thanks for the comment...I think I'm finally getting the hang of this blogging thing...it took a little while and a few questions and encouragement from Sarah, but I've got it down now! How is everything with you...sounds like you're pretty busy right now! Talk to you later!